[T3] heater thermostats

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Nov 1 16:16:37 PDT 2014

On 1 Nov 2014 at 15:43, Keith Park wrote:

> I *Think* I get more flow with the obstruction of the thermostats not in the
> airflow anymore, I seem to have a good defrost flow with them out of there.
> If I could devise a way to measure flow at a particular outlet and engine
> speed I could do a comparison perhaps...

It would be great if you could figure out a way to actually measure
the airflow, but I think that would be really hard.

Given all the plumbing that the air has to pass thru, I have a hard
time believing that the presense of the thermostat makes any
measurable difference at all. Plus, taking it out deprives the system
of that parallel path of moderating air, so I'd really expect the
overall airflow to be greater with all the OE parts in place.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org