[T3] So I was doing an oil change....

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Thu Nov 6 17:05:19 PST 2014

One thing I AM sure about, NEVER store an engine with dirty oil in it, the
contaminants will precipitate to the bottom over the winter and leave you
with a sludge layer that will be hard to clean out afterward, possibly
plugging passages and the screen.  I stored the engine for the square empty
for 2 years while I was restoring it and had the T4 in it and was amazed at
how much sludge worked its way down out of the oil cooler etc. to the bottom
of the sump just sitting there.  Was a pain to clean out but I did.

KEith

Topnotch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.om
71 Squareback  "Hothe"