[T3] Air Presser Sensor ( tow my T3)

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Nov 7 12:44:35 PST 2014

On 7 Nov 2014 at 10:13, Tim Keohane wrote:

> I finally got the presser sensor out and rechecked the numbers. I got
> the ending letters mixed up. The VW # is 311 906 051C, and the bosch #
> is 0280100007. I am now searching for the correct sensor. Jim you
> mentioned there were 2 that ended in "E" and that the Bosch # would
> identify the correct part for my 73 FI automatic. Can you tell me that
> #.

The correct pressure sensor for a '73 (assuming you still have the
original '73 FI system) is 0 280 100 116. That's the late "E"
version. The early "E" version that was used in '72 ends in 106. Both
have the black cap over the end. I believe the 116 superceeds the
106. I'll check, but I don't think I have a spare 116. If the black
cap has been removed and the adjustment tampered with, I can
recalibrate it.

BTW, the 107 that you have has value if it still holds vacuum. That's
the version that has the diaphram that eventually cracks, so good
ones are always in demand. If yours is cracked, I'll pay shipping for
it, because I'm trying to work out a way to make replacement
diaphrams, so I'm interested in building up a stock of dead ones.

> Also is it possible to compile a correct one from two by combining the
> halves of two different ones, so long as they are both "good" halves.
> Or can I ship one to you and have it adjusted to be correct for my
> vehicle.

Sorry, no on both counts.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org