[T3] 72 Square Fuel injected (not cranked in 25+ years)

Mike Fisher fisherfarms at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 09:42:04 PST 2014

Replace All the 20+ feet of original fuel line with the cloth covering as
it will pinhole leak badly now.  I used 20+ feet of 5/16" reinforced rubber
Gates etc & 30+ new clamps.  Then put a good battery in it and get it
started.

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Shane Hughes <navyfj1fury at gmail.com> wrote:

> Folks, the 72 Square (manual trans.) I recently acquired has been idle for
> the last 25+ years. New to FI on VW’s, so not sure where to start to see
> where I am at with this engine. Injection system appears to be complete.
> Thinking to start by checking the wiring and sensors per the Idiot manual.
> Is this the best place to start? I know the fuel system will need a
> complete cleaning, as well as the pump. Any advice and help will be
> appreciated. I have owned quite a few Type 1’s over the years, so will
> tackle the engine mechanical issues separately.
>

> Thanks Much!

Eugene, Oregon

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u236/mr_bojangles500/