[T3] 72 Square Fuel injected (not cranked in 25+ years)

Shane Hughes navyfj1fury at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 09:27:36 PST 2014

Folks, the 72 Square (manual trans.) I recently acquired has been idle for
the last 25+ years. New to FI on VW’s, so not sure where to start to see
where I am at with this engine. Injection system appears to be complete.
Thinking to start by checking the wiring and sensors per the Idiot manual.
Is this the best place to start? I know the fuel system will need a
complete cleaning, as well as the pump. Any advice and help will be
appreciated. I have owned quite a few Type 1’s over the years, so will
tackle the engine mechanical issues separately.

Thanks Much!