[T3] Oil Pressure Sensors...

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sat Nov 15 13:25:43 PST 2014

On 15 Nov 2014 at 3:41, J. Jonik wrote:

> I'll see how easy it is to find new Oil Pressure Sensors for ancient VWs.
> In the meantime, is there any "cure" for leaky Pressure Sensors?
> Maybe a hit for a few minutes with a Heat Gun...to maybe swell up the
plastic?   Soaking in something? Maybe salvaged ones should be stored in
some oil or diesel to prevent any drying up shrinkage?

I don't think there's any way to salvage leaky ones. New ones should be
available at almost any FLAPS with a day or so wait, or from any of the
online VW vendors. Ours are the same as those for Beetles. I have them, too,
but you can probably get a better deal locally with no shipping.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org

Yes if I can get one at a FLAPS  around here where pick up and muscle cars
are king then you can get them anywhere.  The one I got at my FLAPS here in
town sold me a pretty good one. I tested it out with a gage and the light
comes on at about 4 or 5 PSI.  Very rare I can get anything for clementine
at this store.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT (Clementine)
71 Stander Beetle Middle Son’s car
67 Ford F-100 Hart of Crown Vic. (Leroy)
88 Golf Oldiest Son’s car
10 Toyota Corolla Wife’s car
65 Ford 4000 (old Blue)
Rainsville, Alabama