[T3] Video up date

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Nov 17 11:05:28 PST 2014

On 17 Nov 2014 at 10:46, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> I may take you up on the wheels only issue I see is it can't be cheap
> to have 3 or 4 wheels shipped from Wisconsin to Alabama.

Yes, shipping isn't cheap.

> I think I'll keep this paint scheme even with the T-3 wheels. Almost
> looks like an EMPI GT black or  Porsche fuchs wheels from a distance.
> Maybe put beauty rings like these on them

> http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C13-10-1069

Beauty rings were used up thru '69, then VW eliminated them and
sprayed the outer face silver instead. Keep in mind that if you want
the beauty rings, you'll need the Type 3 ones, that are made to work
with the Type 3 offset wheels. You'll also have to use hubcaps,
because that's what holds the beauty rings in place.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org