[T3] Looking for some unobtanium

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Nov 18 09:49:10 PST 2014

On 18 Nov 2014 at 8:15, Matthew Pfeil wrote:

> My name is Matt. I bought a Type 3 last year for my son and I to build
> up for his first car. However I am looking for some parts. Mainly the
> slides for the front seats. I was able to source some really nice
> stock front seats in beautiful shape last weekend for a steal, but no
> slides. Can one of you guys steer me in the right direction as to
> where these can be found or if there are some parts intergchangability
> between models?

Hi Matt, welcome to our little world.

Your sig mentions a '72 Squareback. VW changed the seats in mid-72;
early ones ride on 2 rails, while late ones are a 3-point mount.

I have a few of the plastic slides for the early ones. Email me
directly if this is what you're looking for. The early sides are Type
3 parts only and are not available anywhere else to my knowledge. The
late ones are the same as Beetles from '73-on, so those parts are
available from lots of the VW aftermarket sources, or probably even
from your dealer.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org