[T3] 6 V Generator question

Don Robertson donrob at yachtsales.com
Thu Nov 20 08:37:05 PST 2014

I have one, a spare for my 66 Beetle.  I will try to get to it today
and photograph all the numbers.

At 10:44 PM 19/11/2014, you wrote:
>One of my long term projects has been to tool up to modify old OE
>Bosch voltage regulators with modern solid state guts that I would
>have to design and build. While I'm at it, I'd like to be able to do
>6 V VRs as well as 12s. I have plenty of 12 V parts here, but no 6 V
>parts. So I need to ask some questions about 6 V parts. If you have
>any 6 V parts lying around, please let me know if you can answer any
>of these questions.
>
>I'm looking for information about 311 parts, but some of these may
>have only Bosch part numbers on them.
>
>1) What are the voltage and current markings on the generator? I
>expect them to be 7 V, ? A. What part numbers are on this generator?
>
>2) What are the voltage and current markings on the VR? I expect them
>to be 7 V, ? A. What part numbers are on this VR?
>
>3) The 12 V VRs have 2 little "arms" sticking out one side, with a
>~1.5" length of thick wire welded between them. Do the 6 V VRs have
>this same feature?
>
>4) If anyone has a dead 6 V VR that they'd be willing to donate to
>this project, I'll pay shipping to get it here. If you want it back,
>I can do that, but it'll need to stay here awhile.
>
>thanks,
>
>--

Don Robertson - (905) 566-0000
3641 Wolfedale Road, Mississauga, Ontario, L5C 1V8
Skype: marinemarketplace
Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to
live at the expense of everybody else.
- Frederic Bastiat, French Economist (1801-1850)

Webmaster:
peoplepost.net - marinesurveyor.com - yachtsales.com
Click Here http://www.marinesurveyor.com/websites.html for a list of
over 100 Marine Surveyor Clients.

Listmaster
http://www.marinesurveyor.com/boatpokers/ - Boatpokers - A private
email forum for SAMS members
http://www.surveyorexchange.com/ - The Marine Exchange - The Marine
Technical Email Forum
For Professionals Employed in Marine Industries.