[T3] 6 V Generator question

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Thu Nov 20 11:09:50 PST 2014

Dennis, those would be great. The generator part #s and specs are easy to
see, but the VR #s are stamped on one of the legs. You'll have to remove the
VR and probably wire brush that area to read them.

Sounds like another project for your boys.  ;-)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org

Well the generators are long gone on these cars as he got them both with no
engine.   I'm not even sure either one has a regulator but I'll find out.
As far as project I doubt he would part with either. It's rather sickening
to see them waste away. I helped him get them when he first got them and I
though he was going to do something with them back then.  And yes it would
be a fun project but even if we could get them it would be as always funding
and you would have to have access to a bunch of early 1500 parts or go dark
side just to make the two into one but I would love the chance to try.
Dennis

---