[T3] 6 V Generator question

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Nov 20 11:10:12 PST 2014

In a message dated 11/20/2014 10:16:49 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

That's  likely to be useful, but I'm still looking for info on Type 3
generators  and VRs. I also just realized that there were early Type 3
12 V generators  and VRs where the generators were of the smaller
(same as 6 V) diameter. I  could use those part numbers and specs,
too.

Jim, you might want to contact the 1500 club for that info, or Tram  from
the Samba. It's my understanding that the early 12 volt generators (6 volt
size) were used by the German police, as they needed the extra power to
operate  the various pieces of equipment in their vehicles. This means they are
pretty  rare, but still out there.
I hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch  with Sunroof