[T3] Air Pressure Sensor Update

Tim Keohane rheorojo at frontier.com
Tue Nov 25 14:20:41 PST 2014

The "E" sensor is for my year 1973 F. I. It operates off a vacuum developed in the air intake distribution box. There is a vacuum hose that goes from the intake manifold ( large unit on top with 4 runners, 2 to each side) to an orange sized unit mounted ( on my 73) under the deck to the deck, next to the engine on the drivers side. There are usually 2 numbers, a Bosch # and a VW #. On mine the last digit in the VW # is "E". It matches the control unit and sensors that regulate fuel to the cylinders. A wrong reading can deliver incorrect volumes of fuel, too much/too little.
If your sensor does not develop a vacuum you will have fueling problems. If it does not match the F I system in your car it (in my case) will run but not "right" but will run.  This assumes the other components are within specks. ( timing,valves, points gap/dwell, etc) I hope this helps.
Jim chime in if I have this incorrect
Tim