[T3] Oil Pressure Sensors...

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 19:41:15 PST 2014

I'll see how easy it is to find new Oil Pressure Sensors for ancient VWs.
In the meantime, is there any "cure" for leaky Pressure Sensors?  Maybe a hit for a few minutes with a Heat Gun...to maybe swell up the plastic?   Soaking in something?
Maybe salvaged ones should be stored in some oil or diesel to prevent any drying up shrinkage?

On 14 Nov 2014 at 5:52, J. Jonik wrote:

> Got three different Oil Pressure Sensors in front of me.? Is one choice better than another?
> 1) Number 015-045 au344 191045 223 021900874 (VW)2) "INO BRAS (Brazil?)? 2-43) 0-14 0814? "Hecho en Mexico"
> But oil pressure sensors seem to leak at the drop of a hat.
>  What's the rap on these things?? ? ? ?

In general, if they don't leak, they don't need to be replaced. No
matter the origin, they are cheap and easy to replace. Don't fret
about them.