[T3] Sputtering on hills and uneven fuel at speed

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Wed Oct 1 17:13:37 PDT 2014

Sounds very like something is disturbing the fuel flow.  Had you run it low?
Have you a good vent pipe on the filler neck, or has dirt and water got in?
Pull off the hose downstream from the filter - what comes out, and how
quickly?  When was the filter last changed?  If all that seems OK, maybe
there's a problem with the pump or fuel pressure regulator.

Of course, it could be in the ignition circuit!  We tend to assume problems
with the most complicated part of the equipment, but it could be a dirty
plug, or dodgy lead etc.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club