[T3] Tail Pipes...

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Oct 7 19:50:02 PDT 2014

On 7 Oct 2014 at 20:45, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> I noticed in the Bentley that they were also a tip
> that goes on the end of the tail pipe. Did they all get this?

I suspect that only the deluxe models got this, but that would
include all of those sold in the US. I THINK that chrome tip only
fits the early tailpipe, but I'm not sure about that. If that's true,
the '72-3 models sold here would not have the chrome tip.

Those tips are very expensive if you can find them today, and there's
a problem with them: They add weight out at the end of the tailpipe,
which tends to make the tailpipes break off sooner.

I have some of those NOS chrome tips. I don't use them myself, but if
someone really wants one, I'll sell them one.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org