[T3] Sputtering and Bogging Down

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Oct 24 10:20:16 PDT 2014

On 19 Oct 2014 at 12:09, Chris Sheridan wrote:

> The overflow hose wasn't messed up it just develops a crack  in the end as
> the metal fuel filler pipe is torqued to the left every time I open the gas
> cap to put my 4 gallons in.

The filler pipe should be rigid. There is a clamp that should hold it
still. That clamp is attached to the inner fender wall and has 2
halves: One half is welded to the inner fender wall and one loops
around the outside of the pipe and clamps it tightly.

You must be missing part or all of that clamp. That would probably
make all of your seals impossible to keep intact. Can you find the
parts to replace that clamp, or does it just need to be reassembled
properly?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org