[T3] 2nd try

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Oct 24 11:30:05 PDT 2014

On 22 Oct 2014 at 6:43, K O wrote:

> 1968 type 3 fast back- Ravenclaw

> original post above.. Curious, because turn signal handle was not
> returning to starting place, I took the steering wheel off to check
> it.. looking into the switch area I see some parts just swimming
> around. Memories of how tricky the areas can be kept me from going
> further at sunset.. anyone have a visual reference of how it SHOULD
> look?

I think there's a photo in the Bentley. The most common problem here
is that some plastic bits have broken and the serpentine spring has
fallen out of position. The most common cause of this is that
something fell in that gap between the steering wheel and the
steering column, got caught, and broke something when the wheel was
turned.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org