[T3] seats

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Oct 24 21:09:43 PDT 2014

In a message dated 10/24/2014 11:37:23 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
fiestacranberry at gmail.com writes:

Dave

Hi Dave,
It's not the cable release that's  broken.  It's the big knob at the
junction of seat back and seat  bottom.  The one you turn to determine the
angle of the seat  back.

Lori

That's what I thought you were meaning Lori. It's actually the pot
metal/soft aluminum adjuster block under the seat that is worn. Someone was
looking at having them made out of a harder aluminum, or out of steel, but
couldn't find a pair that weren't already worn to make a set. This was about 2
years ago on the Samba type 3 forum. I haven't heard anything since.
In your case, it might be worth taking a ride to a pick n pull, and  see if
you can find a seat to harvest a better pair out of.
Short of that, you're probably looking at having a block or 2 made
(slightly wedge shaped, and with a couple of holes thru it to fasten it to the
seat base) that can attach to the seat base, right under the curve for the
seat back rest. Keep in mind that it would limit any seat back adjustments
(changing the angle), without having to change the blocks position.
I've experimented with this on my wife's Fastback, mainly because of  a
posture deal for her (she prefers to sit more upright than the seat actually
adjusts). But, it's her car, and she drives it, not me. ;-)
I hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch  with Sunroof