[T3] leaky doughnut gasket

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sun Oct 26 20:26:59 PDT 2014

On 25 Oct 2014 at 17:31, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> Well I may have to wait a little bit on either taking the muffler back
> off or the lower heater boxes off. Going to be busy here in the next
> week or two and need it going again.

Once the muffler is in place, it's way too much trouble to take it off again
just to fix this problem. Sometimes you can get away with removing the
doughnut clamps and sliding the doughnuts forward. Then you can wrap the
foil around the narrowed part of the HE tube and slide the doughnut back
over the foil. It's harder this way, but easier than taking the muffler off.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org

Ok I'll try it.

Dennis

---