[T3] leaky doughnut gasket

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Oct 26 06:23:55 PDT 2014

On 25 Oct 2014 at 17:31, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> Well I may have to wait a little bit on either taking the muffler back off
> or the lower heater boxes off. Going to be busy here in the next week or two
> and need it going again.

Once the muffler is in place, it's way too much trouble to take it
off again just to fix this problem. Sometimes you can get away with
removing the doughnut clamps and sliding the doughnuts forward. Then
you can wrap the foil around the narrowed part of the HE tube and
slide the doughnut back over the foil. It's harder this way, but
easier than taking the muffler off.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org