[T3] heater thermostats

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Thu Oct 30 18:16:05 PDT 2014

If you talking about the little bellows thermostats you can remove them, you
will get considerably MORE heat that way, it wont burn off any paint but you
might melt your passengers shoes if they are not careful.

Ive been runnning this way for many years now since having the T4 engine in
there.  With the T4 heater boxes you got even more heat than with a T3 and
still no paint issues, the heater tube in the rocker is 2 layers of metal
under the paint and they are not attached.  I much prefer the extra heat
having those clots out of the flow.

Keith

Topnotch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.om
71 Squareback  "Hothe"
65 Squareback  "Eggcrate"
65 Notchback  "El Baja Rojo"
93 RX7  "Redstur"
87 Golf  "Winterat"

Good point like I said I haven't had issues with it over the years just
wanted to get everybody's opinions on this.  If it decreases heat I want no
part of it then.  I always cut the heat back or off when it gets too hot in
the car.

Dennis

---