[T3] Not-A-VW-Club Fall Color Tour

John Jaranson john at carartbyjohn.com
Sat Oct 18 22:49:05 PDT 2014

Our little group of VW enthusiasts here in SE Michigan went on a little Fall Color Tour today....kind of a last hurrah before SALT season.  It was quite chilly with a high of only 45F and it was overcast with occasional drizzle (this is October in SE Michigan after all), but the Fall colors were still fantastic. The hot apple cider and fresh warm donuts at Jenny's Cider Mill at the end of the run were delicious and took the chill off from driving nearly 75 miles in a car without heat.

We only had 6 VWs make all or most of the tour, but half of them were Type 3s.  We were a Notchback short of having the whole Type 3 family represented.  I drove Sophy, my 1966 Squareback; Jill drove her 1967 Type 34 Karman Ghia, and Greg and Ryan Sanchez had their 1973 Fastback out.

It was a good day.  Here links to a few pictures of our Type 3s out in the Autumn colors...

http://www.carartbyjohn.com/2014Misc/NAVWC_FCT14_01.jpg
http://www.carartbyjohn.com/2014Misc/NAVWC_FCT14_02.jpg
http://www.carartbyjohn.com/2014Misc/NAVWC_FCT14_03.jpg
http://www.carartbyjohn.com/2014Misc/NAVWC_FCT14_04.jpg