[T3] leaky doughnut gasket

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sat Oct 25 11:29:47 PDT 2014

I finally got the muffler that I got back in the summer on Clementine this
week.   While I had that off we got the leaky oil pump fixed (this is the
second time we work on the pump but looks like this time we got that leak
stopped).  Now I seem to be having problems getting the doughnut gaskets
sealing off between the muffler and the ends of the heater boxes.  There is
a ticking sound from the leak around there. The driver side is worse than
the passenger side. I remember they use to be a white paste in a tube to
help seal exhaust leaks if I can find it I was thinking about putting this
around the doughnut to see if that may seal it.  If there is anybody who has
found anything else to seal these with I'd like to hear about it. They was a
big rat's nest in this muffler and it blew it out the tail pipe. I'll have
to post the photo of it later. The smell when it warmed up was not good but
I figure that will fix itself.  Also on the elbows that go between the upper
heater boxes and the fan housing the one on the driver's side has an extra
fitting on the top for a hose that is smaller than the one on bottom. Where
does this hook to?

Dennis Stiefel

72 Fastback FI MT (Clementine)

71 Stander Beetle Middle Son's car

67 Ford F-100 Hart of Crown Vic. (Leroy)

88 Golf Oldiest Son's car

10 Toyota Corolla Wife's car

65 Ford 4000 (old Blue)

Rainsville, Alabama