[T3] A little more about my '71 column problem

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Sep 12 10:29:57 PDT 2014

In a message dated 9/12/2014 1:14:28 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

On 12 Sep 2014 at 9:20, Mike Fisher wrote:

> My FI/AT '70  square has 6 wires, but only 5 pins on the connector.

Where does it  have the 6 wires?

Do the '70s have the warning buzzer that goes off if  you open the
door with the key still in the ign sw?

My wife's 70 has the plug (different from a 71, in that it's  "inline"),
and uses 5 terminals. I just went out and looked, to answer a  different
question for someone else.

Phil, I think (repeat think), I have a 71 column head here. I'd  have to
look for it though, and now with your pics, I know how to tell it  apart from
a 70 version. I was told it was from a 71 though, as I've still got  all 4
locks (uses 1 key).

64 T-34 Ghia aka  Wolfie