[T3] Towing my T3

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sun Sep 14 15:56:35 PDT 2014

ISTR 30mph max for 30 miles max and selector in N is the recommendation for
towing normally.  Drive shafts unbolted from hubs and tied up as Mike
suggests is better as nothing in the transmission is turning then, and you
can tow the normal way round.

I think if you tow backwards with the rear raised on the dolly, you would
have to lash the steering centred or it would go all over the road. I've
never had to do it though, so could be wrong.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club