[T3] Towing my T3

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Sep 15 09:39:54 PDT 2014

On 15 Sep 2014 at 9:27, Tim Keohane wrote:

> Thanks for the tips. I towed her up to Nate's with the engine running
> the whole way. Got there and she wouldn't back off the dolly.
> Definitely an issue with the transmission. May have others as well but
> one at a time these days.

Ouch, I hope this isn't anything permanent. Push it off the dolly and
see if it does better on level ground. I wonder if there's any chance
that the ATF level is low. It should be between the marks WITH THE
ENGINE RUNNING and in N.

This makes me wonder if the ATF pickup in the AT sump just managed to
suck air with the front end tilted up that high. If so, the AT would
not have been getting the lubrication we were expecting. This would
have been more likely if the ATF level was already low.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org