[T3] Towing my T3

Tim Keohane rheorojo at frontier.com
Mon Sep 15 14:55:44 PDT 2014

The tranny was acting up to begin with; erratic shifting/shifting into 3rd at 15mph/slipping at times/and downshifting-upshifting like it was confused. Prior to towing ( while on the dolly ) I fired it up and put it into drive then reverse to be sure it had fluid into the pump and valve body. On the level it would run and shift, up hill it would languish until the rpm's were higher. After pushing it off the dolly it drove into a parking place. You may have touched on something as it seemed fine on the flat but struggled up hill. Over time it has gotten worse so may be the pickup and filter/strainer. As for fluid level, we checked it every couple months, but always parked it on cardboard and have no signs of leakage from anywhere. The engine had no oil streaks or oil-dirt build up so I took that as no leaking so only did the dip stick every couple months. I hope to get the problem identified so a solution can be formulated. I've blamed the engine for a couple years and maybe that's the wrong end of the equation.
" Don't you cuss that fiddle boy unless you want that fiddle out of tune" Willie Nelson.
We have another transmission located if that is the main culprit.
Tim