[T3] Oil light flickering! Additives?

Phil Hof phil.hof at ostronic.org
Sun Sep 21 16:22:53 PDT 2014

Thanks for the oil light ideas, guys.  I feel better about taking the Rally trek.  I’ll watch it for the next week and see that it ins’t getting worse.

I will probably put back the original belt if the noise doesn’t subside during this week’s commute.  I agree with Jim that these belts last a long time!  Without the fan to push, and with the relatively low drag from a charging generator, the belt doesn’t have much stress on it.  That is why I never bothered to tighten it— it didn’t slip with the light load, and I didn’t want to put any extra strain on the bearings.

In the meantime, I’ll post up a WTB ad on the Samba for a replacement pulley.
-Phil