[T3] 1971 turn signal switch!

Phil Hof phil.hof at ostronic.org
Sat Sep 27 14:56:29 PDT 2014

I have a few photos in my gallery on the Samba of the wiring on my ’71 switch, if that helps.

Usually the problem is a broken plastic “ear” that holds the tension spring for the auto-cancel feature.  I am told that ‘71 Bug TS assemblies, though not interchangeable, use the same plastic and spring mechanism, so that one could repair that particular failure by harvesting parts from the cheaper and more available Bug part.  I will be doing this in the next few months and posting it on the Samba, but I have not done so yet.
-Phil