[T3] 1971 turn signal switch!

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Sep 27 19:06:51 PDT 2014

In a message dated 9/27/2014 5:56:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
phil.hof at ostronic.org writes:

Usually the problem is a broken plastic “ear” that holds the  tension
spring for the auto-cancel feature.  I am told that ‘71 Bug TS  assemblies,
though not interchangeable, use the same plastic and spring  mechanism, so that
one could repair that particular failure by harvesting  parts from the
cheaper and more available Bug part.  I will be doing this  in the next few
months and posting it on the Samba, but I have not done so  yet.

I've used 72 turn signal switches in the past with good results. The key,
is to use the 71 switch tubes for the screws, as the length is longer on the
 72 on switches. It's basically "plug and play" then. : )

64 T-34 Ghia aka  Wolfie