[T3] more info about fuel gauge and lights

David Yaghoubian goob at roadrunner.com
Sun Sep 21 03:10:03 PDT 2014

Two things I neglected to mention:

1) The condition does not change when turn signals are on.

2) My fuel gauge has never properly seated (that is, with the clips) since I
replaced my original dash with an ISP pad in 2006. It wouldn't seat under
what seemed to be too much force already, and worked perfectly, so I wimped
out not wanting to break the face of the gauge and left it.forgetting it
wasn't seated until tonight! The fact that the clips are not engaged hasn't
seemed to matter, insofar as I have never had any issues with the fuel gauge
or the fuel gauge lights before this, but since this problem seems like it
might be a ground issue, this is why I tried running a ground wire directly
to the gauge housing. Before doing whatever cutting and/or pushing that
would be needed to get the gauge finally seated-which I now plan on doing no
matter what--my thinking was that I had better rule out issues at/with the
harness or wiring, otherwise getting back in there will be even more of a
pain. Is there any reason why running the ground wire to the gauge housing
would not replicate a solid dash ground?