[T3] '72 FI into a '71

Brandon Bacod puttputtmotors at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 13:37:23 PDT 2014

Let me preface this by stating that I have almost no experience with FI in
general.

What pitfalls might one run in to trying to install a '72 FI engine into a
'71 which has apparently has had all of the FI harnesses stripped out?
Bought a '72 with seemingly all of the engine there. Fuel pump in unknown
condition, from what I can tell the decel valve and a bunch of relays are
all hooked up, but the PO had a long story of his tweaker friend goofing
off with it, and when it came to me it came without a generator, a couple
plug wires and coil, so obviously it wouldn't run. Now. How difficult will
it be to transplant all of the various relays/how essential are they? I've
sat down with my Bentley in an attempt to get it running, but certain wires
just don't seem to be diagrammed, and I don't want to sink a bunch of time
into it if it's a doomed swap.

Compression test shows ~125 lbs on 2,3,4 but only 40 on 1...

Thanks!
Brandon