[T3] Gas Pump from my Convertible

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Sep 24 15:45:41 PDT 2014

Max,

Your pump is finished. I soldered the broken and loose wires and
eventually figured out how to put it all back together. It appears to
be leak tight and I think there's a good chance that this repair will
last many years. However, this is the first one of these that I have
done, so I don't have the same confidence in this that I have in most
of the work that I do.

So, I'm going to charge you $100 for the work, but I'll refund this
full amount if the pump fails and you return it to me in 2 years or
less. Be sure to keep your copy of the receipt.

Your filter appears to be fine, so I'll return it with the pump.

Regarding the Delta Mark 10 CDI ignition units, I find that I have 1
good used one for $100 and one NOS one for $125. I also have several
used Mark 10 B units, which are the ones with normal/CDI switches
built in, for $150.

Let me know what you want. I'll make a starting total below, but you
can modify that any way you like.

1	rebuild FI Beetle fuel pump			$100

1	used/rebuilt Delta Mark 10 CDI		$100

1	NOS Delta Mark 10 CDI				$100

	shipping								$18

		subtotal			$318

	PayPal surcharge					$9

		total				$327

The PayPal surcharge is to partly cover the fees they charge me. If
you pay by check or money order you can delete that fee.

NOTE: We are leaving town on Oct 5 and will be gone for about 3
weeks. If I don't get your payment well before then, I won't be able
to ship your parts until later in October. It's not a problem for me,
but if you want your parts back sooner than that you should mail me a
check quickly or pay by PayPal.

thanks,

		total

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org