[T3] Fuel Sending Unit Disassebaly

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Aug 2 19:38:43 PDT 2015

In a message dated 8/2/2015 10:02:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
craigslistcsprings at gmail.com writes:

How do I  take the sending unit apart? It is out, bottom nut removed, and I
think I  am going to kill it getting the metal sleeve  off.

Adam

[quote="one4house"]I have taken the sender out. I have removed the  nut at
the bottom. How do I get the sender apart?

I am afraid I am going to kill it getting it  apart.[/quote]

You might try lightly tapping on the outer cylinder near the sending  unit
top. Make sure you don't have any rust around where the nut at the bottom
is, as that might also be causing it to stick.

Be very CAREFUL of the 2 thin wires once you have the cylinder off,  as
they are easy to break. Jim Adney rebuilds them in case that happens. Also,
type 3 sending units are interchangeable from 62 to 73, so that might make
finding a replacement easier IF you need one. They  work on ohms, not  voltage.
I hope this helps.