[T3] Front beam grease zerts

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Sun Aug 16 13:18:11 PDT 2015

On 16 Aug 2015 at 12:06, Craigs List wrote:

> What size are the grease zerts I the front beam? My bottom two are missing
> and I want to replace them.

They are a rather small tapered thread, maybe 5 mm. VW used to have
them. If they don't any more, I have some that I've salvaged from
rusted out axle beams. They are VERY important. More axle beams die
from lack of lubrication than from any other cause. This is
especially true of the 2 upper zerks, which some people never manage
to find.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org