[T3] Front beam grease zerks

David Yaghoubian goob at roadrunner.com
Wed Aug 19 20:10:30 PDT 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: type3-vwtype3.org [mailto:type3-vwtype3.org-bounces at lists.vwtype3.org]
On Behalf Of Jim Adney
Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2015 1:18 PM
To: type3 at vwtype3.org
Subject: Re: [T3] Front beam grease zerts

On 16 Aug 2015 at 1:18, JIm wrote:

>They are a rather small tapered thread, maybe 5 mm. VW used to have them.
If they don't any more, I have some that I've salvaged from rusted out axle
beams. They are VERY important. More >axle beams die from lack of
lubrication than from any other cause. This is especially true of the 2
upper zerks, which some people never manage to find.

Upper zerks found and lubed. I hate to think how long it has been since they
have seen a grease gun. Thanks for the motivation!

Dave
68 sqbk