[T3] Let's Talk Seat Bases

Craigs List craigslistcsprings at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 14:55:07 PDT 2015

I want to have a discussion about seat bases. As some of you may know, I
have a 66 Squareback. I was wondering if there is a difference in seat
bases between the different years?

I am asking because my seats do not like to lock in place. I don't know if
the locking "claws" that steady the tracks are....mates. I am about to
install interior carpet, which will mean taking out the seats. Because of
their want to either move without warning or not move when you want them
to, I want to remedy my seats when putting everything back together..

The seat release cable, that the door activates, works on both sides of the
car. I currently have it connected and functioning on the passenger side.
On the driver's side, It does not seem to adjust to a point where it will
function.

What I want to know is, where is this cable supposed to mount onto the seat
base? Right now, on the passenger side, I have the little hook held tight
by the wing nut on the seat base and the seat release works as it should
when the door is open. I cannot use the wing nut on the driver's side seat
base because the cable is too long. When the cable is pulled to where it
would affect the release hook, I am about 2 inches past the wing nut. I do
not have enough adjustment to get it to work.

These two issues I have with my seat have cause me to think I may not have
the correct seat bases for a 66 in my car. I could just be crazy and need
some guidance from one of the gentlemen on the board with more experience
than I have.  If you would like me to post some pictures, please let me
know what pictures would help most and I will go snap them.

Adam