[T3] Dash fresh air vents

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Sun Aug 23 17:53:42 PDT 2015

On 23 Aug 2015 at 17:07, Ralph Tree wrote:

> What are the tubes that connect to the fresh air vents on the dash
> made out of? Are they supposed to be hard tubes or some type of
> fiberboard tubes? It's just one of those little details that I would
> like to be right.

There are several tubes, and they differ slightly by year.

There are water drain tubes that were black rubber. Those go down to
the "firewall" where they direct water back to the ground.

On '71 and later, these consist of several formed plastic tubes that
run from the fan box to the vents on the dash. SImilarly, there are
plastic tubes that run up to the windshield to direct fresh air up
there, too.

>From side to side, connecting the HEATED DEFROSTER outlets to each
other: These are formed plastic bellows tubes.

I have most of these in good used condition, but you'll have to tell
me what year you have ('71?) and what you already have so I'll know
what you're missing.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org