[T3] Shift coupler differences

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Mon Dec 14 19:10:21 PST 2015

On 14 Dec 2015 at 15:28, Soren Jacobsen wrote:

> Now if I could just find a couple spare clips for the early coupler, and
> maybe a better set of early rubber pieces (metal bushing instead of
> plastic)...

The clips look just like the ones that are also used to secure the
anchors on the bottom end of the retaining cables for the back seat
bottom on the late squarebacks (or was it the earlier
squarebacks...?) Whichever it was, I think I have a couple.

Did all the earlier cars get this style shift coupling? I've never
seen that style, but I've worked on very few early cars.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org