[T3] Service Packs?

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Tue Dec 15 17:15:22 PST 2015

My Parts book has 8 pages of "SP sets", but only listed by the normal
9-digit number (+/- a letter).  They typically have a 311 x98 xxx where the
first x is the group, so 311 198 069 is one cylinder 85.5mm dia with piston,
rings and piston pin from engine T 0 000 001 to T 0 411 415.  The part
number sub-group generally seems to be 98.
I have seen boxes with a label SP and a short number, but the SP number
isn't listed in the Parts book, just the long number that refers to the set
of parts.

If you'd like a list of the long numbers I can scan those pages and send as
a PDF, if they're not on your microfiche. The SP pages have the contents
named, but with the 9-digit number for the pack, not individual part
numbers.  Those appear in the main sections at the ends of each section -
still no SP number though.

I don't think I've seen more than 3 digits on the SP sets.  I think I've
noticed them on brake linings with rivets, and piston-rings, but now I'll
keep my eyes open for them!

They're definitely not just VWoA.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club