[T3] Fuel Gauge Missing Wire

Craigs List craigslistcsprings at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 18:43:27 PDT 2015

Crew,

I have always had the bouncing needle in my Square. Extra grounds and such
never helped. I found a different 12v gauge at a swap meet today. I pop it
in and I have the exact same issues.

I start looking elsewhere.

As I am comparing the wiring back with all the lights that came with the
new gauge vs the one wired in the car, I notice a wire missing. BINGO!

Here is a picture of both units.

http://one4house.com/images/missingwire.jpg

http://one4house.com/images/wire.jpg

On the unit that came with the new gauge, I have an extra red wire
protruding out of the back of the gauge on the "K" terminal. I do not have
this on the one in the car. Where is this wire supposed to be wired? The
wiring diagram is not clear.

Adam