[T3] Fuel gauge issues (jumpy needle)

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Mon Jun 1 18:24:18 PDT 2015

Should the number of Ohms be the other way round, ie <10 Ohms when full,
etc. or have I misunderstood?

Odd that one of your cars showed flickering with the key off but not the
other one.

I thought my (transistorised) clock had failed as it hadn't worked since I
used the hazard flashers to protect another Type 3 in a stationary convoy
some years ago, but when I put a new battery in recently, it started working
again. I suspect the wiring, fuses/holder etc are quietly corroding at the
joints.  Some of them are still the original fuses with the rings on the
ceramic part, rather than the flat surfaces of the later ones.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club