[T3] the addiction continues

Brian Fye bfye at canyonville.net
Wed Jun 3 09:27:20 PDT 2015

I bought a 1972 squareback on Monday.  It was owned by only 2 folks prior
to me and the 2nd owner was the mechanic for the 1st owner!
Somewhere along the way in the last decade, the engine and FI were swapped
to a 73 except for the distributor, which is still the 72 with dual lines
off the canister.  Can I block off one of the lines and call it good, or do
I really need the 73 distributor?  It runs and drives, but it is really a
dog off the line.

Also, the car was set up, in the mid 90s to be towed behind an RV.  It has
the 6 prong plug under the front bumper for lights,  and has the tow bar
adapters under the front bumper.

It also had a dealer installed a/c unit at some point.  It still has the
under dash unit (fan still works) and condensors, but the compressor and
all the engine bay brackets are gone.  The blue interior is shot, but the
car is solid enough to bring to life again.

--
Brian Fye
Canyonville Christian Academy