[T3] Passenger side mirror (long arm)

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Jun 7 19:51:00 PDT 2015

In a message dated 6/7/15 12:13:44 PM Central Daylight Time,
gbforsmo at gmail.com writes:

> *That "someone", who was looking for a "long-arm passenger side mirror"
may
>  have been me.  I've got 6 or 8 mirrors now.  Some are correct in one
area;
>  some are not.  Top quality, with all the correct parts: Good chrome;
>  correct shape; good glass (not deteriorating "silvering") no dents; long
>  arm; correct mounting nut; etc.  seem to be NLA ... but I still keep
>  searching.  It's "the hunt"*
>
>  *However, the picture which you sent me, which appears to be the correct
>  passenger side, mounting nut, s.s. shell, BUT the arm seems to be the
>  shorter style.*
>
>  *I know Bob H. has a long arm mirror.  I held it in my hand; compared to
my
>  "incorrect" mirror.  But he's saving his mirror for a '69(?) Type 3 that
he
>  will restore?*
>
>  *Bob?*
>
>  *Thanks for thinking of me.*

Gary, the mirror that Adam has looks exactly like the the one on a 69
Square I have sitting in my side yard. It also has a similar left mirror (minus
the curved "extender" arm). That car is here for electrical work, as the
owner is color blind, and can't do that sort of stuff (well that and he's out of
town a lot). His 69 Square was also light tan, before the PO (a WW2 vet)
painted the outside of it red. The current owner wants me to see about
removing the red paint too (when I get a chance).
When Adam offered it up, and I looked at the car sitting in my driveway, I
first thought of you, as I kew you were looking for 1 for that side.

Bob 65 Notch with sunroof</HTML>