[T3] Addiction

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Jun 8 05:48:21 PDT 2015

On 7 Jun 2015 at 20:41, B Fye wrote:

> Thanks Jim.   Tomorrow I will be fitting a distributor that goes with
> the rest of the 73 FI parts.    We will how much of a difference that
> makes.

There are 4 parts that are different between the 72 and 73 FI
systems: distributor, brain, IAD, and pressure sensor. The brain and
pressure sensor have the same VW number for both years, but the Bosch
number is different. The cold start valve temp switch may also be
different, but that's irrelevant unless we're talking about winter
starting.

If I understand correctly, you have a '72 car that probably has most
or all of the important '72 FI parts. If this is the case, and since
your '72 vacuum can is working, you'd be working yourself into a hole
by starting to swap random '73 parts in there rather than fixing the
real problem.

Is your mech advance working?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org