[T3] Addiction

Brian Fye bfye at canyonville.net
Mon Jun 8 21:23:19 PDT 2015

More steps forward, and back.

Forward, new rebuilt dizzy in and the car moves much better! Power off the
line and revs right up to where the entire front end shook. That's the
step(s) back. The entire front end started shaking so violently that the
wheels jumped out of my hand at about 30 mph. [image: Shocked] I jumped on
the brake to avoid the ditch and the car lurched hard to the right. [image:
Sad]

Tomorrow, I will be putting the front end in the air to find what is, or
maybe what isn't, loose. I think, I might finally get to go on a real test
drive tomorrow afternoon. Maybe... unless there are more surprises.

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 7:48 AM, B Fye <bfye at canyonville.net> wrote:

> Jim, the car has all 73 FI parts, less the distributor.
>
> B. Fye
>
> > On Jun 8, 2015, at 5:48 AM, "Jim Adney" <jadney at vwtype3.org> wrote:
> >
> >> On 7 Jun 2015 at 20:41, B Fye wrote:
> >>
> >> Thanks Jim.   Tomorrow I will be fitting a distributor that goes with
> >> the rest of the 73 FI parts.    We will how much of a difference that
> >> makes.
> >
> > There are 4 parts that are different between the 72 and 73 FI
> > systems: distributor, brain, IAD, and pressure sensor. The brain and
> > pressure sensor have the same VW number for both years, but the Bosch
> > number is different. The cold start valve temp switch may also be
> > different, but that's irrelevant unless we're talking about winter
> > starting.
> >
> > If I understand correctly, you have a '72 car that probably has most
> > or all of the important '72 FI parts. If this is the case, and since
> > your '72 vacuum can is working, you'd be working yourself into a hole
> > by starting to swap random '73 parts in there rather than fixing the
> > real problem.
> >
> > Is your mech advance working?
> >
> > --

Brian Fye