[T3] Clutch Cable Woes

Craigs List craigslistcsprings at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 19:19:56 PDT 2015

Tonight my new clutch cable came in. The old one was frayed and on its last
leg.

The problem I ran into is that the hole that the clutch cable comes out of
was not big enough. Took me almost 1.5 hours to get the cable back
through.  By the time I did I was so pissed I left the car where it sits
and went and took a shower.

That is a 30 to 45 min job tops. Has anyone ran into this before? I was
only able to get mine through after I got enough of the tip of the threaded
rod to stick out for me to get the clutch nut on the threads and thread the
rest of the rod trough by tightening the wing nut. At 95 degrees, that shit
wore me out. I also ran out of light.

Outside my apartment my car sits, drivers side rear propped up on a curb,
waiting for tomorrow after work for me to get the pedal cluster back in and
the cable connected. What a pisser.

Adam

PS. Not having a proper garage sucks ass.