[T3] Car won't move

Greg Merritt gregm at vwtype3.org
Thu Jun 18 06:12:25 PDT 2015

I forget the exact symptoms, but on my AT I had a damaged shift selection
input lever at the transmission -- the lever that the cable attaches to
could rotate a bit on the shaft it was meant to turn, instead of turning
it, so it wouldn't release the park lock.  (Or something like this.)

The workaround was to crawl under and manipulate the lever arm where the
cable attaches; the fix was to replace the lever/shaft part.

Good luck!

-Greg