[T3] Muffler

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 14 14:30:16 PDT 2015

Still no luck finding a  '72 muffler.  But this situation will be a good test of the durability of Muffler Patch Kits.  So, far so good.
I don't need tail pipe, damper pipe or those heat exchanger duct things...just the big tank part...the muffler.
Those heat exchanger come off ok (in my experience) with a special flat wrench  and a hammer to whack it loose.  I have to borrow that wrench from a mechanic friend.
Is it really the case that people with their super-restored cars hoard extra mufflers?  Or, where else do they get them?  Or are they replaced by welders using mufflers that will fit...with the modifications?