[T3] Brake Calipers 3

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Tue May 12 16:38:49 PDT 2015

If it's from a '71 you should be OK.  The size of the inner bearing changed
during 1968, so at worst you might need to change that bearing if the
spindles are older.  I can't think of any other problem doing this.

Your new calipers will probably have the Beetle size pistons, which are a
bit smaller diameter, so you will have to push a bit harder to get the same
braking force, but they probably work better than the old ones anyway, so
it's very likely a net improvement!

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club